Our Mission and Vision
Advance the health and well-being of rural people and communities.
Our vision of success: the Rural Health Network works toward optimal individual and community health and wellness, which are supported by:
- Individuals and families with adequate and affordable health insurance;
- Accessible, efficient, and collaborative health and human service delivery systems driven by best practice models;
- Reduction in health disparities for the most vulnerable populations;
Strong community norms for healthy lifestyle choices and optimal physical and mental health.
Our vision of success is predicated on the strength of The Network, the commitment
Who We Are
Located at 455 Court Street in Binghamton, New York, the Rural Health Network of South Central New York, Inc., serves Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga and Tompkins.
The Network is made up of people who are passionate about creating healthy communities in South Central New York:
- Our knowledgeable staff includes enthusiastic educators and caring advocates who help our constituents maintain healthy habits and manage their chronic diseases.
- Our board of directors includes experts in the fields of business, education, human services, and health care, along with others who have an interest in building and maintaining healthy communities in our service area.
- We also have extended partnerships with many organizations and businesses in our area. Through these partnerships, The Network can teach and assist many more rural residents than would be possible working independently.
Together, we work to eliminate barriers between rural residents and the health care they need.
Rural Health Network Values & Corresponding Behaviors
We are committed to being highly responsive to the needs of our communities, continuously striving to enhance and innovate our services to meet the evolving issues of the individuals we serve.
- We are dedicated to the Rural Health Network mission and vision, and advocate for the people and communities we serve.
- We proudly speak about our work, Rural Health Network and our impact.
- We take care of ourselves and set realistic boundaries so that we can be our best.
We believe in fostering a sense of belonging and community. We create a welcoming and inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and supported.
- We treat all people with dignity and respect.
- We listen to understand what the other person is saying.
- We prioritize building relationships and look for opportunities to collaborate.
We uphold honesty, transparency, and ethical behavior in all of our interactions and operations.
- We ask questions, seek out learning and challenge the status quo.
- We take initiative to improve Rural Health Network and make a difference for the people we serve.
- We will be thoughtful, thorough, and conscientious in our work.
We are committed to upholding the highest standards of quality and excellence through ongoing evaluation and improvement.
- We are dependable. We do what we say and say what we do.
- We do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- We are accountable. We take ownership of mistakes and strive to do better.